Tuesday, March 24, 2009

A brand new dawn?

"Life is all memory, except for the one present moment that goes by you so quickly you hardly catch it going.."

Tennessee Williams .

Questions.

How far have I gone in 10 years?
Actually lets take out 10 years and talk just about the 2 years I have been in Agilent.
Have I done well?
Have I done enough?
Can success be measured?
Is there a barometer that we can use? Is there a suitable scale?

A few weeks ago, I would have said that I could care less.
I have seen what 30 years of an engineering career could give you. But all the same, I have also seen what it could not give you. A good man once said to me. "Work, be it part of your life. Not your life itself." And I utterly agree. I go to work everyday, thinking that it is just a job, that what I really care about is to enjoy my everyday. All I wanted was to earn a shit load of cash, serve out the remaining years of my bond in Agilent, get out, and open a quiet little cafe where I could hang out, lay cozy on a plush sofa and read books on quotes by really important people. I want something in my life, and the engineering route just didn't seem to be able to give me that.

Then it happened. I was chosen. A chance served on a silver platter, and they probably are throwing in caviars just as well. A chance to build a legacy you say? This is it. Lets hope I appreciate it and do good. California baby!

No comments: