Sunday, April 12, 2009

What if you knew your due date ..

Everyday, we trudge through our lives doing what we believe we're responsible to do. We wake up to the morning alarm, we go to work, we laugh at jokes, we settle on a routine.

How often do one ponder by the bedside before turning in for the night?
"Have I said "I love you" to all the people I love today? "
"Have I asked how the day was? (and sincerely wanted to know the answer)"
"Have I pulled that 10th wretched cigarette out of his mouth today?"

It's too short a life to be caught up in the same routine everyday.
It's too short a life to be caught up planning too far ahead for the future and ending up missing what's in front of you today.

Would one be doing what he's doing now, if he gets to know that he has a year left to live?

What would one do, if he gets to know that someone he loves, has only a year left to live?

No comments: